Share | 

A story worth telling

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Singingkittyontheinternet

PostSubject: A story worth telling   Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:34 pm

Prologue

Clarissa

I follow my mother to the fountain in the park. Excitement buzzed through me like lightning. “I hope my Familiar is a wolf! That would be awesome!” Mummy smiled at me “Who knows?” She says, looking at her white peacock striding ahead. “Where's daddy?” I asked “Right here!” Said a male voice. A tom leapt from a nearby tree and grinned at me. “Hey Clarissy.” “Hi Daddy!” I scamper up to him and purr. “I wanna Wolf!!!” Daddy smiled “I may be without a familiar, but I hope you get what you want” I purr and stand up on my hind legs, covering my father's nose with licks “You'll be watching? Tasha, Jessie and Max too?” He nodded “And Deery will be watching too”

I see the fountain come into view. Lots of cats and other animals had gathered. The amount of cats and other animals. I saw four familiar faces in the crowd. They saw me and came over “Congrats!” Mewed Jessie. Tasha and Deery were behind her “Hey sis! I hear your getting your Familiar today!” My older sister bumped shoulders with me. She was from a older litter, the only kitten in it. She had already gotten hers. The deer reared and made a sound. Tasha grinned “Deery says congrats too!” She mewed. Max bounded over “You so lucky! I have to wait another moon 'till I can become a Healer” I grinned at my brother and walked towards the crowd, my mother trailing behind me.

An elderly cat came forwards as I sat down besides four other kittens. The elderly cat cleared her throat and mewed. “Welcome, Sam, Daisy, Clarissa, John and Jean” A rabbit hopped to sit next to her. “Cats and Familiars gathered here today, we have five new kittens to be trained in our ways. Today, young kits, you are going to make a bond for life, a bond that only the partner's death can break, but only bring despair to the other partner”  I could barely contain my excitement. “Sam, please step forward” A cream tom-kit stepped towards the elder. Another elder appeared with a class full of purple stuff. “Drink.” She ordered and four other elders joined them. Sam watched as one of the elders poured the purple drink into a smaller container. He lapped at it slowly, then started to lap it faster. The six elders started muttering a chant in weird words that I couldn't make out. After he finished the drink and they stopped chanting the earth surged up and encased Sam, an elder and the elders hawk. I gasped in fear as the earth spat them out, both of them now in a shell of rock.

I tried to resist the urge to run, but it won't have mattered, my legs were jelly and I started whimpering. “Daisy, come forward” The elder said. A fluffy white she-cat fluffed up to twice her size and growled. Then tried to run, but after a few steps she froze, the muscles in her legs flexing, but her legs not moving. The elder twitched a ear and Daisy was dragged forwards by magic. “Drink” She ordered. Daisy looked around, like she was trying to find her mother. Then lapped at the purple drink. After the chanting, the air lifted her up and strong winds whipped around her and another elder. I stared up in fear as the winds increased till they were behind a blur. Then they vanished behind a mini tornado, only big enough to hold two cats and two other creatures.

“John, come forward.” But the silver tabby tom stood still, a paw on Jean's “I'd like to make a offer, I want to be with Jean, my twin, so we can also have the mind talk connection” the two elders who I guessed were for the twins exchanged glances, then at the head elder. “Okay, but you do realise you'll never have privacy until you finish” Jean nodded “We understand, we've never been separated and my brother is afraid” John hissed to her under her breath and she smiled “Come on” They stepped forwards and drank, the chanting started again. The two elders stepped forwards and something weird happened. Earth swallowed John and water circled Jean. The two elders left stared at it. The rock shell appeared and the water bubble clung to the rock.

“You drowned her!” I cried. The crowd only looked at me, a few amused faces in the crowd I scowled at. “Clarissa, step forward” I gulped and inched forward till I was in front of them. I crouch and lapped the purple drink. It tasted like my mother's milk, but better. I started purring softly, drowning out the chant that the last two elders were whispering. After it was gone I stopped purring. I looked around, suddenly aware of what was about to happen and a tear slipped down. Why mummy? You could of at least said goodbye I felt another tear. I spotted my mummy and her white peacock. Her expression, I knew she was begging for forgiveness. I smiled at her sadly. I felt the 5th elder's fur against mine and I took in a deep breath. Suddenly the earth swallowed me up, but strong winds also surged up from the earth, like it was also   an air creature. I bit back a scream as heat surged through me. I could only see the elder through the red and black spots. The red spots faded and the black ones grew, until that was all I could see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thewarriorsspirit.forumotion.com/forum
Wildstar

PostSubject: Re: A story worth telling   Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:45 pm

Can you please add paragraphs? It's hard to read.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Singingkittyontheinternet

PostSubject: Re: A story worth telling   Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:46 pm

... I'm not used to do that
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thewarriorsspirit.forumotion.com/forum
Wildstar

PostSubject: Re: A story worth telling   Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:47 pm

What do you mean?
Back to top Go down
View user profile